THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
The abstract submission will be open for new submissions between 1 October 2020 - 31 January 2021. Click button below. Please download and use the abstract template.
As sessions with focus on Covid-19 and the affect of the pandemic on the biomedical laboratory science profession, will be added to the program as a topic in each of the four tracks, abstracts with focus on Covid-19, related to the tracks are welcomed.
Abstracts already submitted for 2020:
The conference would like to thank all abstract submitters for the valuable contribution to the scientific program. All contributions will be transferred to the 2021 conference and are accepted for 2021.
Information about the postponement of the conference to August 2021 including specific information for abstract submitters was sent out by email 24 April 2020.
For submitters who would like to update their current abstract, this will be possible between 1 October 2020 - 31 January 2021, by access through the abstract submission link and use of information about abstract number.
Please note: More detailed information about type of presentations will be followed up upon after 31. January 2021 and no later than 1 April 2021.
Please download and use the abstract template. Please read the terms & conditions below before submitting your abstract.
THE ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
A. General conditions
• Abstracts must be submitted at the latest on 31 January 2021 (23:59 CET).
• Abstracts must be submitted in English.
• Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Scientific Committee’s discretion.
• Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference’s abstract book (online or printed).
• Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the conference secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
B. Presenting author and registration
The presenting author must register for the full conference (full participant badge). The registration should be completed and paid by 15 April 2021 at the latest.
In the event that a presenter is not able to travel due to official travel restrictions caused by Covid-19, the presenter will be offered to present online instead. Poster presenters will be offered to send the poster to the conference secretariat for mounting. The registration fee will not be refunded.
• The IFBLS 2021 Conference Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by a participant registration by 15 April 2021 at the latest.
• You are allowed to be the presenter of one abstract as registered (usually 1st) author but can be co-author on multiple abstracts.
C. Contents of your abstract
• The abstract word limit is max. 2000 characters (without space) per abstract.
• It is important to ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced as submitted. If English is not your native language, we encourage you to have your text edited by a native English speaker before submission.
• The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
• You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
• All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
• The scientific committee will review the abstracts.
• Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by 1 April 2021 at the latest.
• It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and/or animals. The IFBLS 2021 Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
• Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct, as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.